1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup of walnuts or pumpkin seeds for top of bread (option)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 8-1/2x4-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Beat in pumpkin and oil. Add flour mixture; mix until batter is blended and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with walnuts or pumpkins seeds (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dark brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Let cool in the pan, about 30 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and slice it into 1-inch thick slices.
- * Note: The pumpkin loaf will taste better the second day.